Thursday, March 27, 2008

Growing up can suck

I can't wait for this summer! First I'm going to New York with Lo and then to Orlando with Lena. I'm sooooo excited. I have so much to do before then. Tomorrow I'm going to make a list of everything that I need to get. Here's hoping I'll have some money left for the actual trips. What is making things difficult is the fact that I haven't been able to by new clothes for a couple of years. (Other than the bare necessities. And crap, I am so going to get that stuck in my head.) That means that I am kind of starting from scratch, and that takes a lot of my money.

Lo came over today, and we finally exchanged Christmas and birthday gifts. Took long enough. Her new car rocks! I wish I could afford one. We got to talking about Lena, and well, they still aren't getting along. It sucks for your two closest friends to dislike each other. Lena just can't accept the fact that Lo isn't like her.

Looking back to when we all met makes me sad. The three of us were inseparable. God, I can't believe we were only ten; it seems like that was just yesterday. When you're that age types don't matter as much, but as we grew older.... I guess we changed. No, that isn't right. Lena was just as girly and Lo loved art and anime just as much. So why is it that we fit together then? When did we start judging our friends for being themselves? I mean, isn't who we were the reason we became friends in the first place?

-Kiki

No comments: