Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Intro to me

Like I said in my profile, this blog is really the only thing I've ever done on the Internet. So for now I'm just going to use as a diary of sorts---not that I've ever had one of those either. Maybe in the future I'll do something different with it. Chances are, you probably won't be interested. If you aren't, just don't read it.


For the most part I've been raised by a single mother. She is very old-fashioned about most things. Well, I'm not sure if that's the right term. You see, she is a Christian. Not one of those sit-in-the-front-pew-on-Sunday-then-do-whatever-you-want Christians, but a person who tries her best to do what she thinks God wants her to do.


She enrolled me at private Christian school at age five, and did everything she could to try to instill in me her love for everything God. But I... it didn't work. I'm not even sure if I believe there is a God. My childhood was a mix of church and complete hell.


An physically abusive father, followed by an extremely verbally abusive step-father were some of the biggest factors of that hell. I had a lot of friends but there are some things that people just don't want to hear about. Instead I learned to escape into movies, t.v.,and books. That led to me becoming very confused. I mean, imagine it, a ten-year-old being raised by a mother who for years considered butt a bad word, suddenly discovering Sex and the City. The end result is a thought process that resembles a debate between Dee Snider and Tipper Gore. I mean, OUCH!



That all I have time write for now, hope my first post didn't suck too much. Would love feedback.

No comments: